Friday, July 30, 2010

one of my coworkers (who i'm particularly good friends with) has a name i'd never heard before working in my office: oaxaca. my brother in particular is amused by this as he enjoys both the cheese and the location. anyway, said coworker made reference to his middle initial this morning, and when i inquired as to what it stood for, this is the answer i got:



Amra is my middle name. See, when I was born, I didn't have a name (well, I had my secret name, but my parents hadn't picked out a known name for me yet). My dad was a huge fan of the Conan books. He started calling me Conan (funny that you were calling me that a few days ago). This drove my mother nuts. Then, they agreed--and probably the last thing they ever agreed on--to call me Oaxaca. My dad got to slip in Amra as my middle name. In the Conan books, a group of people Conan encounters name him Amra, which means Lion in their language. Since I'm a glorious Leo (born in August)--YES LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME, AM I NOT GLORIOUS????--and, according to the hippy charts my mom was into circa 1972 I'm a tripple Leo--YESYESYES I AM REGAL I AM WONDROUS I AM THE CENTER OF IT ALL AM I NOT GLORIOUS???--so, I'm sure it seemed appropriate without sounding to much like a fictitious comic book character to my mom.

And that's the story of Jesus.



...sometimes, i really don't mind coming to work in the morning.

No comments:

Search This Blog