Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Our weekend in New York

February 13th, Kurt's brother Craig set up a little gathering with some of their (Kurt's and Craig's) cousins. Kurt hadn't seen his cousins in something like 10 years, so it was a great treat--also, we decided to go into New York City the night before, so we could catch up with Sean and Aaron, two of my best friends from college who live there. We stayed in a pretty cute little hotel in Midtown, and I took a few pictures:

Our cute little hotel room...

This is part of the mini bar (everything from Dean & Deluca! We made a visit to the store on Sunday afternoon). We somehow managed to lock the key in the fridge part of it. Can you tell neither of us has ever stayed in a hotel with one of these things before?...

Kurt and the bathroom. I know, lame.

We arrived in the city Saturday night and basically dropped off our stuff and then went to Sean and Aaron's, then headed out to get dinner (Ethiopian food! Who knew?) with the two of them, plus the girl Aaron has been seeing for a little while, whose name is Anna, and who we both liked a lot. We had a great time, talking about our childhoods and how we had better tv shows, toys, and book series than anyone else who grew up in a different decade, then headed out to meet up with some more friends from college (Sean's old roommates, who I haven't seen since probably 2006), before finally heading home around 2 am. Unfortunately, I didn't take a single picture the entire night, but suffice it to say we had a fantastic time.

The next morning (err, afternoon?) we headed to Chelsea to meet my friend Emily (one of my besties from--wait for it--the first grade), and have brunch at Cafeteria, one of my favorite restaurants in the world. This was the first time I went there without either Beth or Tyler, but it was amazing as always. I had croissant french toast--I know--which was stuffed with baked apples and cinnamon and was basically the most delicious thing I've ever eaten. And, per usual, we had to have the mac and cheese:

Regular four-cheese on the left, with truffle oil in the middle (the first truffle anything I've ever had!), and with bacon on the right. It was amazing. If you are ever in New York, you should definitely go. 17th and 7th. You won't be sorry.

We parted ways with Emily, made the trek to Dean & Deluca (I want to live there), then met up with Sean again and went for the long walk all the way back to our hotel, where we packed up and left. Sean woke up the next day with an injured foot and I somehow pulled something in my leg and could barely walk the next day. I think we may be getting old?...Kurt, luckily, survived unscathed.

Anyway. Stay tuned for the post about visiting with Craig and Anne!

No comments:

Search This Blog