Thursday, July 30, 2009

want.


this is a little odd--i've never heard of this gadget before, but when i read this review, i was immediately convinced of my need of it:

Being a collector of kitchen gadgets, I purchased this a few years ago and it disappeared among the other items in my collection. I found it recently and bought some fresh garlic, drizzled it with olive oil, and sprinkled some fresh thyme over it. About 45 minutes later, the house was filled with the aroma of roasted garlic....YUMMM!!! I have used roasted garlic with mashed potatoes and will never again do it any other way. The Norpro works much better than foil as it bakes the garlic more evenly. I use this item all the time now and just toss it in the oven when I'm roasting another main dish or casserole. It's so good that you may find yourself wanting more than one, as there is nothing that tastes better than food smothered in roasted garlic.

i love cooking with garlic--it's so delicious, and so, so good for you. this is going to the top of my christmas list, just under a standing mixer (which i totally do not expect to get, because they are wildly expensive!).

No comments:

Search This Blog