Tuesday, September 7, 2010

figuring it out

so, on friday i was called into a meeting in which i was informed that my position at the education alliance was being eliminated and that i was being laid off. i can't promise to have a great attitude about this in the coming days, while i hurry to apply for new jobs at the university and elsewhere, but i will say that sean has, per usual, found exactly the right ways to make me feel better:

me: two months is a long effing time to go without a job
Sean: right
but if you are collecting unemployment you are fine
me: well, true
Sean: plus you will probably do some things you always wanted too but couldn't because of work and shit
me: hahaha
or i'll show up on your doorstep and ask you to tell me stories
Sean: hahaha, right things you have always wanted to do
hahaha
me: hahahaha
so true

i'll keep you all updated on whatever ends up happening. for now, any positive vibes you want to send my way (or suggestions of jobs i should apply for!) will be well received.

1 comment:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

What a great way to start a holiday weekend! They couldn't wait until today?

I'm sorry...as Papa was told (it's not personal...it's just business) BULL, IT'S ALWAYS PERSONAL when you're on the receiving end! and personally, I'm sending good vibes your way for some endeavor that you can feel passionate about and that will make you happy to get up when the alarm goes off!

Search This Blog